[Tango-L] Cortinas (not the old car from the '70s)

Alexis Cousein al at sgi.com
Tue Oct 10 09:00:07 EDT 2006

Club~Tango*La Dolce Vita~ wrote:
> People turning up at milongas in torn jeans, trainers, scruffy t-shirts,

As far as I'm concerned, they're free to do so. But then, I don't see it as
inconsiderate in my social setting, given they're hardly preventing anyone
from dancing (or even dressing more smartly).

> trying to dance to anything that's playing regardless of whether or not it's
 > tango.
So WHAT? There is no law against looking stupid, is there? It's another matter
if they can't navigate their way around the dancefloor when there *is* a crowd,
but if anyone wants to dance to a cortina, it's their business, isn't it?

> Sailing across the centre of the dancefloor,

Rude.

> teaching on the social dancefloor (this REALLY gets me!),

Rude.

> nodding acknowledgement of friends arriving/leaving

Terribly inconsiderate to their dancing partner, and an utter lack of respect.