[Tango-L] Tango A La Turca

David Liu dwyliu at gmail.com
Tue Oct 10 01:45:03 EDT 2006

Keith,

I don't think that, by definition, Argentine instructors are better than
non-Argentine instructors.

Rather, instructors who are invited to teach from another country typically
cost more (because of the airfare).  Also, they have to be just plain better
than average to get the invitation in the first place.

It is this phenomena which I believe you see.  There are plenty of bad
dancers everywhere (Argentina included).  Similarly with instructors
(although it is probably more competative there -- but that is more an issue
of sales ability).

Best,
David