[Tango-L] Alternative in Buenos Aires

Brian Dunn brian at danceoftheheart.com
Sat Oct 7 18:01:25 EDT 2006

Jackie, you wrote:
"...alternative folks play world music, popular
music, classical, rock etc and i haven't seen that happen in BA.  if
i'm wrong, please let me know."

At Villa Malcolm, I got to DJ at one of the practicas during one of our
Intensivos, and there was enthusiastic reception of some world-ish music and
popular stuff we often use in Colorado - Loreena McKennitt's
Moorish-sounding "Mummer's Dance" and the very Arabic-influenced "Marco
Polo" were very much appreciated, as was Eva Cassidy's bluesy "Wade in the
Water" (thanks to Daniel Trenner for that one!).  We'll see in a couple
weeks if they've received much rotation since...

All the best,
Brian Dunn
Dance of the Heart
Boulder, Colorado USA
www.danceoftheheart.com
"Building a Better World, One Tango at a Time"