[Tango-L] Alternative in Buenos Aires

jackie ling wong jackie.wong at adelphia.net
Sat Oct 7 17:25:08 EDT 2006

hi igor,
well,
i think everyone there is familiar with electronic tango...
gotan..narcotango...nuevo tango.... debayres...oh and tango negro.

but in the US and in Europe, perhaps, (those from europe - let me
know if i'm incorrect) alternative folks play world music, popular
music, classical, rock etc and i haven't seen that happen in BA.  if
i'm wrong, please let me know.  to my friend, jorge, who is a DJ in
buenos aires, the Libertango version by Bond is radical.. ultra
radical and he plays it sometimes late at night.  he considers
himself a new tango DJ.  he wouldn't be so radical here.  wait, i did
hear maybe a set of alternative that we would play here... the
"turkish" tango and something else which i can't remember.  it was DJ
mario orlando at la marshall.  and then there's Pulpo y Luiza.  they
play great music during their classes.  we trade music all the time.

hope that clarifies my statement.
jackie
www.tangopulse.net