[Tango-L] Cortinas (not the old car from the '70s)

nina@earthnet.net nina at earthnet.net
Fri Oct 6 13:05:47 EDT 2006

Chris wrote:
> You are surely in the minority in expecting respect for the idea that
> dancers should look to tango workers as custodians of standards of
> behaviour. If that should start to happen, god help social tango.

Anyone can choose to be ignorant.  That is why the milongas organized
by people with low standards reek of ignorance.  DJs who cannot figure
out why dancers need cortinas, dancers who do not care what music they
dance to, since it is background noise and is all the same, women who
are desperate enough to accept a man's invitation after one or two
tangos of a tanda had passed, etc. - all reek of poor boundaries and
lack of respect for pretty much everything a partner dance requires,
incuding ones own self.

Teachers, organizers, and DJs are expected to know more than others
about their work.

Personally, I am tired of the tango slobs, social dancers,
professional, DJs, etc.

Warm regards to all,

Nina