[Tango-L] Cortinas (not the old car from the '70s)

Chris, UK tl2 at chrisjj.com
Thu Oct 5 17:56:00 EDT 2006

Nina wrote

> People have to get off the dance floor after one set.  In tango, if
> they do not, usually it is the woman's reputation that will be at
> stake. ... every custom has a reason behind it. Does the current
> generation of dancers and DJs does not know this?

Hmm... well, the London milonga at which I DJ has about twice as many
people as seats.

So if I were to succeed in clearing the floor, I guess the dancers would
have to sit two deep on each chair.

Now I wonder what that would do to lady's reputation? ;)

> Alternative music does nto count as real tandas and can be viewed as
> long cortinas. It would be nice if an ending of a strange, long
> cortina was marked somehow.

I find D'Arienzo or Biagi works a treat. ;)

Chris