[Tango-L] Cortinas

Tango Tango tangotangotango at gmail.com
Thu Oct 5 15:59:13 EDT 2006

DJs in North America do not understand what a cortina is for. That's why
they don't play them, play them incorrectly or chose the wrong music.

The answer to the question about the length of a cortina is as follows: The
length of the cortina should be long enough for all dancers to clear the
floor, sit down at their respective tables, have a sip of wine, put their
glasses back on and look around to see where their next prospect may be
sitting.

As such, having cortinas shorter than 1.5 minutes simply isn't appropriate.

There are no exceptions to this.

There are a lot of people in the US (mainly from Ann Arbor, NYC, Dallas and
Portland) that are profiting from DJing around the country. Every single one
of these people do not understand the concept of cortinas.

Please do not look to those who DJ incorrectly for inspiration. Go to Buenos
Aires to learn.

Neil