[Tango-L] Call to Tango...

Igor Polk ipolk at virtuar.com
Mon Oct 2 14:09:27 EDT 2006

"Another issue of contention is that the teachers don't dance with the
students, they prefer to observe. That bugs me because they can't always
"see" what the problem is - I would appreciate it if they would dance with
my partner if I was having problems with the feel of his leading."

When a teacher observes, he can see not only your problems, but problems
with the whole group, and collects his thoughts what can be done to fix it.

I prefer teachers to observe. But, of course they should do whatever they
feel is the best.

The teacher can step in and serve as an extra partner if a group is small
and he knows what goes on between everyone well, but you are wrong to demand
it from a teacher - this is an extra service beyond what is needed for a
lesson. Want personal advice? Take a private class !

Igor.