[Tango-L] Community Expansion Brainstorming

El Mundo del Tango mail at elmundodeltango.com
Wed Nov 29 01:36:40 EST 2006

<<Astor Piazzolla was one of the most profound musician/composers of the
20th
century and he called his music Tango >>>

No. He called it "Musica de Buenos Aires"and he would say it was in the
ears, not the feet. Further, he disliked dancers and several times expressed
his desire for his music NOT to be danced. Yet, very often we hear of
bold neophites completely unfamiliar with Tango and Tango culture announce "
A tribute to Astor Piazolla" with show dancing to "Adios Nonino",
"Libertango,"etc.
How can you homage someone by ignoring his wishes...is beyond my
comprehension...pero que le vas a hacer!!

<<but many dancers still think his music
is not for dancing or not even Tango !?!>>

Astor would have agreed with them...

Gabriel