[Tango-L] Community Expa-- Piazzolla

Jake Spatz (TangoDC.com) spatz at tangoDC.com
Wed Nov 29 03:15:56 EST 2006

Open parentheses:

(a) Piazzolla wrote a tango ballet ("Maria de Buenos Aires") and also
made music for Copes & Nieves (dancers).
(b) Piazzolla ALSO disliked dancers, most likely in other moments of
earth history.
(c) (Argentine) dancers disliked Piazzolla quite a lot.
(d) The guy actually did call, or at least title, much of his original
music "tango." (As in, well, every track on the 1974 "Libertango" album,
except "Adios nonino.")
(e) Not all tango music is or need be for dancing.

Close parentheses,

Jake
DC