[Tango-L] Direction: Theorem #1

Jake Spatz (TangoDC.com) spatz at tangoDC.com
Mon Nov 27 19:43:34 EST 2006

Hi Huck,

I don't think my position here is quite understood. I already use the
open-cross step definitions for what they're worth. I'm asking if we can
find something with More worth. My objections to the "open step"
definition of 8CB #1 deal with the "default to open" problem... Just
because a step isn't crossed, I'm arguing, doesn't mean it must
therefore be open.

Also, I know the "face each other" test thing is just a test. My point
is that it tests (and tells us about) a modified position, not the
actual step taken by the dancers.

As for Theorem #1... Any sacada (front or back) of the follower's
sidestep, starting from parallel system (in a normal embrace), has the
follower taking an open step and the leader in a crossed step. If the
move commences from cross-system, both partners are taking open steps
during the leader's front sacada.

You got a Theorem #2?

Jake Spatz
DC

p.s. Thanks for picking this discussion up again!