[Tango-L] Milongueros celebrate birthdays in November

Janis Kenyon jantango at feedback.net.ar
Wed Nov 1 20:52:29 EST 2006

Ernesto Jorge De Gouvea -- November 20, 1934 -- 72
Jorge competed in the milonga category of the Campeonato Metropolitano
(fifth place) with his partner Irma.  He was the first man with whom I
danced milonga con traspie.  I remember it was in the milonga Glamour in
1997.  I didn't follow him, and he wondered why.  Jorge's embrace takes you
where you need to go, but I was thinking too much.  My sister says dancing
with Jorge was the highlight of her visit in 2003.

Miguel Angel Balbi -- November 29, 1937 -- 69
Pepino introduced me to the world of the milongueros.  His four uncles, who
were all milongueros, never married or worked, but they danced tango every
night in the 1940s.  His uncle Carlos took him to dance at a confiteria
when he was 15.