[Tango-L] Encouraging DJism

Trini y Sean (PATangoS) patangos at yahoo.com
Wed May 31 19:35:45 EDT 2006

How about a useful thread...

It has taken four years for Pittsburgh to finally get
a really promising local deejay - one that has the
time, energy, and technical expertise to study the
craft of deejaying.  But, like all of the other
talented graduate students, he'll probably leave to
find a job elsewhere.  Sigh.

So for milongas, we usually bring in a good
deejay/organizer from Ohio or the Ann Arbor
deejays(they have 5!).

So I am curious about how a community can encourage
more people to become deejays.  We have had some
deejaying seminars and will be having another one with
Diego Yepes, who has deejayed for over ten years in
BsAs this Sunday.  But I'd like for something to come
out of it - like one or two more promising deejays.

Other things we do include sending people to Stephen
Brown's website (www.tejastango.com), encouraging a
lot of partying, and encouraging interaction with the
deejays that do come to town.

Any suggestions?

Trini de Pittsburgh

Our Mission: To make Argentine Tango Pittsburgh's most popular social dance.
http://www.pitt.edu/~mcph/PATangoWeb.htm