[Tango-L] On Axis, Off Axis

Jay Rabe jayrabe at hotmail.com
Mon May 8 17:50:18 EDT 2006

Jeff wrote...

... if I dance CE with a woman with my eyes shut, I can tell what foot she
is on with no problem. This is a lot harder in OE and it is rare I can pull
it off. Try it and tell me if you notice a difference. All of this is
specific to little moi but I'd be interested if others experience this.
-----------------

Agree, completely different. However IMO you can lead in OE with your eyes
closed - preferrably alone on the dancefloor :-)   One way to make it work
is for the follower to have a slightly tensed core and a firm frame, meaning
her arms/shoulders don't move in relation to her torso. If her core is
slightly tense, she will refrain from moving her hips when she changes
weight, and if her arms/frame are firm, a leader can feel the slight
movement of her weight change through her arms. OTOH if she moves her hips
so that her torso/arms don't move when she changes weight, then it's hard
for a leader wiith his eyes closed to detect it.

     www.TangoMoments.com