[Tango-L] The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse

Richard Lipkin rlipkin at gmail.com
Mon May 8 11:29:08 EDT 2006

In Buenos Aires during the silent era, the music in the movie palaces was
provided by young musicians who later became the famous bandleaders of the
orchestras we dance to today. I believe Anibal Troilo, Osvaldo Pugliese and
many others started their careers this way.
According to the stories I have heard, many theater patrons ignored the
movie on the screen and paid their admissions just to hear the music! For
their part, the musicians ignored the cue sheets accompanying the film and
played tangos instead.

Richard
www.newyorktango.com