[Tango-L] Leading with hands

Chris, UK tl2 at chrisjj.com
Wed Jun 28 16:12:00 EDT 2006

Sergio Vandekier/Viejo Milonguero wrote:

> The only great dancer that I know that used his fingers on the back of the
> woman to lead was ... [X] well known as a dancer and as a choreographer
> (I know several stage dancers that took instruction from him) yet he
> used his fingers on the back of [Y] to lead

> Should I say that [X] was wrong and the ones on this list criticizing
> hand lead are right?

No, you should ask his girl. Did she enjoy him using his fingers on her back?

Then perhaps we can work out which of the following characteristics
contributes to "great dancer". The three you identified:

a) well-known as a dancer
b) well-known as a choreographer
c) gives instruction to several stage dancers

and/or:

d) gives girls enjoyable dances.

Chris