[Tango-L] Leading with hands... and even legs

Igor Polk ipolk at virtuar.com
Wed Jun 28 16:08:56 EDT 2006

Sometime, with good partners, I make the following experiments.

I try to lead with the certain parts. I direct my whole attention to a part
and imagine the lead is pouring out of that part, and other parts are
transmitting it, supporting it.

I have tried it with the center of the chest, with the side of the chest,
the left hand ( her right ) in multiple positions, the right hand on her
back ( in at least a dozen of different places), the right forearm ( which
is under her shoulder), the shoulder ( where she holds me with her left
hand ), my upper back where she rests her left hand, the forehead, the
cheek, a thigh, the belly ( if we attached there ).

It all feels different and if it is done good, it is good. Would you like to
try?

I believe one can easy find out what arms and hands are for dancing without
them. Of course, you can dance without them, but they are here for purpose!
The dancing embrace is asymmetrical. And this is for purpose also.

Igor.