[Tango-L] colgada

Michael Figart II michaelfigart at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 23 13:20:11 EDT 2006

Hello List,

Geez, it's been quite boring lately, whattup? Right now, I'm interested
in definition of colgada. I say that it's "any turn where the axes of
each dancer "tilt" AWAY from that of the other".

Does it have to be a turn? Can it just be a turn aided by centrifugal
force? Can turns involving this force always be considered as colgadas?
Does this centrifugal force assist in other situations?

Can a "colgada" be considered as a milonguero element? I do a turn in
close-embrace that involves all of the above......is it still
milonguero?

And who's going to Meet in the Middle?

Regards,

Michael Figart II