[Tango-L] tango learning-- Overcoming bad habits

Trini y Sean (PATangoS) patangos at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 17 00:56:56 EDT 2006

Sean here.

I often tell my female students not to worry if a man leads
something that they cannot follow. It is his mistake, not
theirs. One of the responsibilities of leadership is to
understand your followers, and to lead them to a place
where they are able and willing to go.

There is not a man alive who could lead me back into the
make believe world of academia. I am beginning to taste the
real world, and I like it here. Nor will I easily dismiss
the sacred myths, simply because they do not yield to
rational analysis. Without their myths, humans would be a
dull lot indeed. Besides, I have grown rather fond of
dancing with la Diosa.

On the other hand, this discussion of teaching and learning
is heading in a direction that I will gladly follow. As I
organize my own thoughts on this matter, I may even add
some useful content. For now I say, "Lead on Jake! I was
heading in this direction anyway." :)

Sean

P.S. The worst that can happen:
I will buy yet another mailbox.

--- "TangoDC.com" <spatz at tangoDC.com> wrote:

T E A C H I N G

But if anyone can help me figure out how to address bad
habits well, I'd appreciate it tremendously. I only have a
short list of ideas here:

=== message truncated ===

Our Mission: To make Argentine Tango Pittsburgh's most popular social dance.
http://www.pitt.edu/~mcph/PATangoWeb.htm