[Tango-L] Define a tango moment

Daniel Saindon gardien at tango.montreal.qc.ca
Sat Jun 3 10:25:12 EDT 2006

Good morning ListeroAs

Define a tango moment:

I was leading this woman friend of mine into a tango.

There were many tangueros on the pista. My partner and myself were dancing
into a closed embrace. We were surrounded by tangueros who were moving
slowly, together, to the sound of the music. Nobody talked, there were no
conversations. If you were careful you were able to listen to the movement
of the shoes on the floor. My partner had closed her eyes with her full
attention taken by the surrounding space. I could do the same for brief
periods of time. I could feel the presence of the other dancers around me.

Then I stopped taking visual notes where our position were on the floor. I
closed my eyes guided by the music, my partner and the presence of the other
dancers I had in my mind. I was able to maintain this kind of blind
awareness for a complete tour of the pista. This was my tango moment.

^^^^^^^^^^^^

I wish I was the author of those lines. They are the statements that we have
received from one of our guests at our radio program MONTREAL BUENOS AIRES
VICE VERSA who related a past experience of the tango scene in Buenos Aires
when dancers were respecting the code of the milongas. It comes also from a
tanguero who thought tango is dying slowly in Bs As if it has not
disappeared completely...

Daniel Saindon

MTL BS AS VICE VERSA

CINQ-FM, 102,3 on the web at this address

http://www.radiocentreville.com/

Every Friday morning at 8 AM or during the

Night between Sunday and Monday at 2 AM