[Tango-L] Why do I dance close embrace

Sergio Vandekier sergiovandekier990 at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 18 18:40:38 EDT 2006

1 - Because after learning several different tango styles I prefer close
embrace.

   Because I like the closeness to my partner that allows an intense
communication and a better interpretation of the music.

2 - Because I learned only this style. I was convinced that this was the
only possible way to dance tango socially, actually I ignored that there
were other tango styles.

3 - Because I only learned this style and it is the way everybody dances in
the club where I go.

4 - Because after trying different styles I decided that this is the best
for my age and my dancing skills.

5 - Because it is danced in most milongas in Buenos Aires. I decided that
the dancers of other styles have problems dancing socially (collisions,
disturbing other dancers), so I decided that this must be the only possible
way to dance socially.  Although we have plenty of room to dance, we imitate
the crowded conditions of Buenos Aires.

6 - Because that is the style my partner prefers.

Can you give any other reasons?

Sergio