[Tango-L] Real Milongueros

Deby Novitz dnovitz at lavidacondeby.com
Tue Jul 18 13:41:05 EDT 2006

Thank you Michael and Astrid for saying such nice things.  I think so
many on this list fail to read what I write, instead they see it as an
opportunity to prove me or someone else wrong, rather than to maybe
learn something.  Are your egos so small, do you feel so insignificant
in the world that you have to spend so much time on this list bashing
people in order to feel better?  Opinions are fine, but standing up and
screaming YOU ARE WRONG! MINE IS BIGGER is sort of boring.

My posts were never definitive of "This is how it is because I am an old
biddy that lives in South America So I must be right."  They always
recount my experiences or the experiences of others.  I simply state
what I know.  I have never said that I am better because I live here, I
simply have more opportunity to meet people on a daily basis.  I have a
better opportunity to know people more than as a teacher for a bunch of
classes or over cafe or pizza a few times.

Before I lived here I knew many people in the same way that most of you
do.  I used to think I knew these people because when they came to teach
or I went to BA they knew who I was.  We could talk, hang out.  Now I
know these people better because I live here.  Some of them I wish I
never knew, some have become friends, and each day I meet others.  When
you actually live here, not just come here, your perceptions are
completely different.