[Tango-L] Show-offs vs. Performance dancing

astrid astrid at ruby.plala.or.jp
Mon Jul 17 11:47:15 EDT 2006

> Performance dancing is actually quite enjoyable to watch and I'm all for
it
> - to me, show-off dancing is when one dances without consideration for
> others sharing the same dance floor or when it doesn't go with the song
> playing. .
. What I like watching is skilled technique - not a woman
> who substitutes talent with need for attention.
>
> Caroline

Oh, but Caroline, the same rules apply to a man too!

I think, whether people enjoy watching someone's performance or not depends
on whether the performer manages to capture the audience with his magic or
not.
Some performances can seem boring or even annoying, and yes, it does depend
on the skill of performer, but that is not all there is to it. It is often
the facial expression that does the trick. The connection between the inner
and the outer, or the lack of it.

Astrid