[Tango-L] Show-offs vs. Performance dancing

Caroline Polack runcarolinerun at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 17 11:11:49 EDT 2006

Performance dancing is actually quite enjoyable to watch and I'm all for it
- to me, show-off dancing is when one dances without consideration for
others sharing the same dance floor or when it doesn't go with the song
playing. Another example of show-off dancing is excessive embellishments -
i.e. doing kicks, flicks and ganchos every three seconds. Embellishments
make far more of an impact when used in moderation. When used excessively,
it becomes tiresome. What I like watching is skilled technique - not a woman
who substitutes talent with need for attention.

Caroline