[Tango-L] Men and classes

Jay Rabe jayrabe at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 10 15:39:41 EDT 2006

Your comments are at least historically valid about the worthlessness of
group classes for followers beyond a certain point. However, that
observation also has been made by many others in addition to yourself over
the years. As a result, at least here in Portland, there has been a growing
effort on the part of instructors to include content aimed specifically at
followers and their technique. In conclusion, I would say that this
evolution in teaching is changing the landscape, and, again at least in
Portland, it is becoming less and less true that followers cannot benefit
from group classes even with several years of experience.

     J in Portland
     www.TangoMoments.com

----Original Message Follows----
From: mallpasso at aol.com

I think that after two years of group classes any further group classes for
women are a waste of their time and money since most of these classes are
geared towards leaders learning new steps, etc.  Instead, women should focus
on taking privates to work on their technique.  Ditto for men, but after
four years of group classes, so they can also work on their technique.

My two cents worth.

El Bandido de Tango