[Tango-L] Leading and following

Trini y Sean (PATangoS) patangos at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 2 03:18:10 EDT 2006

--- Sergio Vandekier <sergiovandekier990 at hotmail.com>

> If I lead a step and the woman answers with something
> different from what I lead I have to assume that
something is wrong.

> Either she does not know how to dance or she is trying to
> "back lead" (this is to lead the leader when she is the >
follower) or she is trying to irritate me on purpose :
> all reasons for me not to ask her to dance with me
> again.

Given the many different ways of leading that was recently
discussed, another possibility is that perhaps she was not
invited in a way that she understood.  In which case, I
would not say that she doesn’t know how to dance, but
rather, that there was miscommunication.  Perhaps she
needed an eyebrow lead :)

> All this is instruction on how to dance properly but once
> you know how to dance  I doubt that a woman would refuse
> to follow the lead. You never refused any one of my
> leads when I danced with you.

That’s because we haven’t dance much since I learned how :)

Actually, if the woman is sensitive enough, she can change
the invitation without the man realizing it.  I am not
there, yet.

Pleasant dreams,
Trini

Our Mission: To make Argentine Tango Pittsburgh's most popular social dance.
http://www.pitt.edu/~mcph/PATangoWeb.htm