[Tango-L] Master Orlanda Paiva

astrid astrid at ruby.plala.or.jp
Wed Dec 6 05:18:58 EST 2006

 As was pointed
> out in his obituary - 'Orlando emphasised not being tempted by figures but
> to improve the walk.' And that's exactly what I will remember him for.

Ah, how many dancers do we have left of those?
Orlando's photo used to grace the wall of Club Canaro in Tokyo, one of him
with his arm around the shoulder of Tito, the tiny Japanese owner of this
club, which was one of the oldest tango clubs in Tokyo, I believe. Closed
and gone...and with him Tito and Gustavo, one of my first and favourite
teachers ("Sen~or Dormirla" as my friend used to call him).
Never met Orlando but danced in front of that pic for years.

Astrid