[Tango-L] More mIlonga at milongas

Igor Polk ipolk at virtuar.com
Thu Apr 27 22:30:45 EDT 2006

I am here to tell more about it.

In the dance everything depends on a man!

He has to: listen to music, interpret it and find the right rhythmical
pattern to convey it to his woman in the lead, to feel her and fix her
errors "back-following", he has to be musical, he has to dance different
styles to different orchestras, and find out what is good for the particular
"her", he has to be creative, improvisational, he has to know how to make
the dance interesting, he has to watch for other dancers, dangers, a safe
place to make a boleo, to follow the line of the dance, not to speak that he
has to move his own legs.

And he has to know how to dance milonga!

See? 10 times more difficult! A great woman can not compensate it, no matter
how good she is!

Do men take 10 times more classes? Do they practice 10 times more? No.

Then women say: "I am dancing and dancing with them, but they are the same
like several years ago! They do not learn! They do not progress! They make
all the same steps. Or they do something which I do not know dancing for
themselves."

And all that time women learned in the dance continuously with the best
leaders.

No wonder women start to lead themselves.

Igor
PS,
I guess the next question could be: "Your posturing only encourages men to
walk away because it is too difficult."

I am looking for the answer myself.