[Tango-L] More mIlonga at milongas

Igor Polk ipolk at virtuar.com
Thu Apr 27 22:01:30 EDT 2006

"Maybe women just dont hear that primal beat the way men do."  - Nussbaum,
Martin

What I said in the previous message applies to tango.
In Milonga women really must know how to dance milonga ( it is simple, there
are only 2 rules ( Aha, simple.. ;) ).
A man no matter how good he is can not lead the right milonga, if a woman
does not know what to do.

* * *
'I strongly disagree, Igor. Your posturing only encourages women to walk
away
from their share of the responsability for the dance and promotes the
"if-you-can-lead-I can-follow" nonsense attitude.' - Gabriel

Yes, Gabriel. If women walk away, tango will die. I am glad you have pointed
it out! And men must do their best to learn, and to appreciate what they are
given by women.
And I am glad to repeat it again: a man can learn from every woman he dances
with! Most women dance and know much more than most men. It is logical too:
they learn from the best leaders. Right in the dance!

Men should learn, men should progress too. And it takes more effort from
them to keep up with women.

Igor Polk.