[Tango-L] More milonga at milongas

Alberto Gesualdi clambat2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Fri Apr 28 11:18:11 EDT 2006

Dear friends listeros/as

  Here in Buenos Aires, the frequence of milonga tandas is... one tanda, then a 1 hour gap , then another tanda, and so on.

  Some milongas dancing places are keeping a non written rule that does not allow milongas dancing places to play other music than tangos-milongas-valsecitos , due to the special status this places have as dancing places , excepted from many of the new regulations for general dancing places .

  I noticed , that there is an increasing presence , of special doctored canyengue tandas. I am not qualified to say if this tandas could be considered tango tandas or milonga tandas, since it could be that in the same tanda "Derecho viejo" tango and "Orillera" milonga are included. Now the Tuba Tango group have launched a new CD with a good selection of canyengue and orillero style dancing tracks.

  Some weeks ago we went with my wife to club villa malcolm, where the milonga El Motivo helds each second saturday of the month, a dancing night.

  It was very interesting to watch a couple that we have seen before, they even have contested into same heat rounds on previous Tango Festivals of Buenos Aires, in the category amateurs. He is a young man, black long hair tied with a string , and she is a middle age woman , thinny and with white hair . They dance quite well the different tandas and they look to enjoy the dancing.

  But when the canyengue tanda came.... they were outstanding , not even they enjoy a lot the tanda, but they do dance in an excellent sincopated walking .

  This keeps me thinking on , how do you do when you want to dance canyengue at a milonga dancing place ?? Because you have to wait .. and to wait... until the canyengue tanda arrives , in the meantime you have to dance with your dancing partner just to keep warm :):)

  warm regard
  alberto gesualdi
  buenos aires
"B.T." <bailartangos at yahoo.com> escribió:
  I dunnoo...milonga tempo is relentless.
Its a move/movement monster, need to be fed a lot.
I think a couple milonga tandas an evening is plenty.
Hate to score a good partner & then have the music speed up.
My opinion...
B.T.