PR Release WF - GRC ME54N

Kjetil Kilhavn list.sap-wug at vettug.no
Wed Aug 24 07:46:47 EDT 2016

onsdag 24. august 2016 15.00.14 CEST skrev Mark Pyc:

> Some clients, such as this Govt example, have such complicated rules
> regarding who should approve what based on who ordered, what was ordered
> and where it was costed to that Release Codes are simply impractical both
> from a definition, config and security allocation perspective.
>
> Beyond this my statement around SoD is that security alone (Release Code
> based or otherwise) can not prevent self approval. There are many instances
> where someone needs to have the ability to key documents and approve
> identical documents, just not approve the documents they keyed. I've heard
> this quaintly referred to as "the four eyes principle".
>
> WFs based on User Decision steps (where there is no authority check) with
> WF-BATCH performing the Release is my preferred method where either such
> requirement exists. Users have no access to the direct Release transactions
> at all, and the WF agent determination logic, however it's implemented (be
> it Resp Rules, BRF+, custom code) is the source of control, not allocation
> of security Roles. The power of "excluded" agents provides more control
> than Security ever can.
As I thought, I wasn't seeing it from the right perspective :-)
I previously thought you argued for just replacing the approval task, still
using different release procedures. As I now understand it your are in such
cases as described not really using release procedures, other than as a
mechanism for preventing conversion to purchasing document.
It makes more sense now.

I've implemented the Purchase Requisition/Order Business Add-In to prevent
releasing one's own document. That works well, but as you say there are other
issues with release codes.

> Regarding updating change logs to say something other than WF-BATCH, I push
> back on this. WF-BATCH did perform the Release. If you want to know who was
> involved in the approval review the WF log.
I agree completely :-)