SRM Workflow Deadline Escalation BRF 7.0 Process Controlled

Sudhir Pargaonkar pargov at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 16:16:28 EDT 2015

Hi All,

I am working on a requirement of sending email reminder after 2 days and
escalate workitem to manager after 5 days for SRM Shopping  Cart, PO,
Contracts workflow.

As per my research, deadline config / BADI is useful only to send out 1
message / alert after certain number of hours. It doesn't happen repeatedly
untill approved / rejected. I also didn't see any option of ESCALATION.

I can easily do this by creating a batch program and monitoring workitems
for a certain task based on creation date and forwarding the workitem to
manager if deadline reaches. But this approach won't show anything in UWL
approval tab for the SC.

Is there any way to achieve a solution that would display on approval tab
of the document that it was escalated to current approver as original
manager didn't take action. (Both names show up in the chain, with status
obsolete for original manager)..

I created a batch program to add an ADHOC level with user's manager as
agent AFTER the current level. But trying to figure out a solution to get
current workitem / process level to become obsolete such that the workitem
moves to ADHOC. Tried different methods of class *WF*PROCESS*MANAGER but
didn't help. Also tried to 'manually complete' the workitem using workflow
tools, but in that case, even though the workflow moved to NEXT ADHOC
manager, in the UWL SC approval tab view, original manager level just
disappeared.

My doubt:
- Restarting process level will just determine new approver with proper
BADI implementation, so it can't have both users listed
- Using workflow function modules to manually complete the step doesn't
work as it removes that step from approval tab of SC.

Has anyone done this before? Any pointers / suggestions?

Thanks.
Sudhir