SRM 7 Process Controlled WF - beyond simple Complete and Approve requirements

Ramki Maley rmaley at erpworkflow.com
Mon Mar 31 08:51:58 EDT 2014

Hello Mark,

You can always make a copy of the standard workflow and modify! If that
is not an option...

- Worktiem longtext to include detail about the current 'approval area',
e.g. being able to include the total value of items in specific approval
step.*- You can always redefine the text and long description of any
standard task and in your case, include any information that is
available through BUS2121 or its sub-type. *

- Escalation on deadline to adjust approvers to include next level
up.***-**In order to add agents to a step, you will need to re-execute
the rules for the workitem (there is a WAPI for that!). Your agent BAdI
should therefore needs to determine if deadline has occurred or not. A
you know, deadline escalation notification in SRM PCWF is done through
the alert framework. Please check if you can trigger the redo rule WAPI
through an alert BAdI. Agents can also be added using the standard
methods behind the add approver functionality.
*
  - Post approval steps such as a simple 1 choice decision to confirm &
log that off-system actions have occured.*- Are you talking about
off-line approval from the email notification? You may need to look for
enhancements in the off-line approval program and implement a custom
workflow/task. Since this is an off-system action, the new step cannot
be immediate anyway.*

  - Parallel workitem that exists for the duration of the approval
process that allows possible rejection of the cart (specific requirement
where approval is not required, but rejection is possible). This could
maybe be a POWL type report that allowed process influence.*- Yes, POWL
report is an option. You can also to implement a custom workflow for this...
*

Cheers,
Ramki.