SRM 7 Process Controlled WF - beyond simple Complete and Approve requirements

Mark Pyc mark.pyc at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 02:52:21 EDT 2014

G'day Wuggers,

I have previously configured SRM 7 PCW for a client who was willing to
conform to the what the solution offered. Once you get your head around the
BRF construct and the various BAdI's it's really quite simple to flexibly
design a multilevel approval with whatever logic you want for agent
determination. Lovely!

As soon as I wanted to add any other functionality, I found the level of
configuration available very limiting. I now have a client who has
predefined requirements that haven't considered the default offering. I'm
curious if anyone has successfully delivered any functionality beyond the
clearly documented capabilities. For example:

 - Worktiem longtext to include detail about the current 'approval area',
e.g. being able to include the total value of items in specific approval
step.
 - Escalation on deadline to adjust approvers to include next level up.
 - Post approval steps such as a simple 1 choice decision to confirm & log
that off-system actions have occured.
 - Parallel workitem that exists for the duration of the approval process
that allows possible rejection of the cart (specific requirement where
approval is not required, but rejection is possible). This could maybe be a
POWL type report that allowed process influence.

These are just examples, I'd love to hear of solutions for these or any
other 'funny' requirement beyond the basic sequential process the solution
is designed to deliver.

Many thanks,
Mark