Event Raised - WF-BATCH Configured - No Workflow

James Johnson JJOHNSON at uk.ibm.com
Thu Sep 12 16:31:09 EDT 2013

Hi all,

As promised, here's an update - we fixed the issue. The fix in my instance
requires the Basis team to conduct a number of resolution actions.

Cause of the issue: poor performance in table access of SWWWIHEAD and
SWW_WI2OBJ, ARFCSSTATE, ARFCSDATA, ARFCRSTATE, TRFCQOUT, TRFCQIN,
TRFCQSTATE and TRFCQDATA tables (the first two being core workflows, the
rest being Basis tables).  A time-out was occuring on the tRFC used to
request workflow creation in the instances where a dialogue process was
attempting to be used.  The process was dialogue (instead of background)
as the events/workflows affected were created under the user's name
instead of WF-BATCH.

Fix: One-off rebuild of the index for SWWWIHEAD and SWW_WI2OBJ, in
addition to the update of the statistics for those tables.  Recommendation
to Basis for a daily process to be instigated going forward, where
indexing is rebuilt for the above Basis tables (due to their rapid
expansion and contraction in size, the index rapidly degenerates).  The
affected tRFCs (where events delivery didn't create the associated
workflow) were re-executed by Basis and all workflows were produced.

Result:  Event delivery now causes the associated workflow to be produced,
in 0.5 seconds compared to a time-out occuring after 10 minutes.  Happy
workflows means happy James :).

Best Regards,
James Johnson

E-mail:JJohnson at uk.ibm.com