SRM Offline approvals

Stephens, Monique S L moniques at bcm.edu
Wed Sep 12 10:44:13 EDT 2012

Not sure if this is the correct forum to ask, but I figured I would start here.

We have been using SRM since 2005.  The approvers get an e-mail letting them know there are carts to approve.  We disabled the links for them to approve/reject from the e-mail.  But, now I would like to test with the links enabled.  I have some documentation from several years ago and am not sure if the steps are still the same.  I was hoping someone else in the group had some documentation as to what is required to approve via e-mail.

>From my documentation, the approver would get the e-mail, click on the link to accept or reject, which would then open a new e-mail to WF-BATCH.  The approver would just need to click Send without changing anything on the e-mail itself.  I see some possible issues with this (approvers not clicking Send or changing the e-mail) and was wondering if anything has changed over the years to make offline approval easier.

The other issue could be that the e-mail is going to several individuals (substitutes).  If one of them approves via the e-mail, what would happen if another approver clicked on the link as well?

Eventually, we would like to do something similar on the SAP side even though e-mails are not currently going out to the approvers.

Monique Stephens
Sr. SAP Analyst
OIT-Business Solutions
Baylor College of Medicine