Workitem report reading from container

Shai Eyal shai.eyal at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 10 06:06:58 EDT 2012

Hello everyone,
Once in a while I face the question is subject and was wandering what others are doing.
I'm creating report that reads info from workitems' containers and some other tables (customer master, sales documents, bla bla).
In order to read workitem container, I use SAP_WAPI_READ_CONTAINER. It works OK but it is really not efficient from performances point of view.
I was looking for a way to read containers of multiple workitems at on time, like doing SELECT FOR ALL ENTRIES.
I used to work with table SWW_CONT but ever since workflow is set to work with XML persistence (which is very useful), container info is not stored in SWW_CONT anymore, it seems to be clustered (table SWWCNTP0?).

Any ideas?
Thanks in advance,

Shai Eyal