What do your users like/dislike about Alerts in SAP

Ganesh Suryanarayan madganesh at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 14:58:15 EDT 2012

Hi Alan,

Our users wanted alerts to be device independent.

So, we use RSS feeds and ICF HTTP handlers to deliver the alerts.
Since secure RSS readers are available for a variety of devices
including some TV's, we let RSS do the trick.

This is more of a pull mechanism than push, but we decided to keep it that way.

Thanks
Ganesh.S