Issue with attaching employee Work Event Profile Report to email notification

Gilbert, Luther lcgilbert at hersheys.com
Tue Mar 27 18:57:22 EDT 2012

Workflow experts,

I am executing a SAP function module called SO_OBJECT_SEND to generate an email notification. I created a Method that attaches an Employee Work Event Profile Report to the email notification, using FM SO_OBJECT_SEND. When I test the Method, using transaction SWO1, the report is attached to the notification, no problem and no issues. In other words, when I'm executing the Method in Foreground no problems.

In the workflow template the Standard Task for the Method is set to Background processing. When the method is trigger from the workflow template, in Background, the email is generated successfully. The problem I'm having there's no report attached to the email. The issue only happens when the Method is executed from the workflow job while running in the Background. Can anybody provide some input to this issue?

Regards,

Luke

Listed below is the FM I'm using to create the email:

  call function 'SO_OBJECT_SEND'
      EXPORTING
           object_hd_change = w_object_hd_change
           object_type      = 'RAW'
           outbox_flag      = 'X'
           owner            = 'WF-BATCH'          "sy-uname
      TABLES
          objcont           = message_content
          objhead           = objhead
          receivers         = receiver_list