Dynamic work item text not updated

George Caramaliu george_caramaliu at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 13 05:14:37 EDT 2012

Hello,

I have a workflow text (work item text for the head work item) with some dynamic BOR attributes.
At the moment of WF creation I have the following values:
BOROBJ-ATR1 = 'VALUE'
BOROBJ-ATR2 = EMPTY

Work item text = Text &BOROBJ-ATR1& more text &BOROBJ-ATR2& more text

After the workflow is started and first step is executed the head container is updated and BOROBJ-ATR2 is populated with some value 'VALUE1'.

I need that the head work item text to be updated with this 'VALUE1' but it is not updated. I have another system where this logic works, both systems with SAP_BASIS 701.

Work item text after the BOR attributes are filled in looks like this:
Text VALUE more text more text

Any clue how to solve it? Initially I thought that the wi text is generated at the moment of creation and stays like this but then I saw this logic working in the other system so it must be something else.