Addressing Selected Agent by Name When Using a Rule

Ali Husain mr_mago40 at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 23 16:34:25 EST 2012

Hello WF experts,
I have a rule where i'm executing a function module to retrieve a certain agent. When sending him the decision work item i want to be able to address him by his name. Is there a way to get the selected agent name automatically so that i can use it in the work item description? I thought of retrieving his name inside of the rule itself and then setting the value in the container and back to the workflow but i was not getting any value in the workflow container element. I'm not even sure if that would work: passing the value back from the rule to the wf container then to the task container so that i can address the agent by his name in the description. I was able to get data from the rule container but not set any values to it using the below code:

  DATA: lv_dummy type char30 value 'Hello'.
  swc_set_element ac_container 'v_dummy' lv_dummy.

I also tried binding the _rule_result but it only contains the user id of the selected agent and not his name. I could retrieve the name in a previous step but I was wondering if there's a better way.
Appreciate your help.Thanks, Ali