Steps needed to develop workflow in CRM application

manju.venkataseshan@accenture.com manju.venkataseshan at accenture.com
Thu Feb 23 10:22:00 EST 2012

Good morning WUGers,

We are implementing SAP CRM Grantor solution. Since SAP has provided limited standard workflows in SAP CRM Grantor solution. So, we need to develop custom workflow (approvals and others) from scratch for Grantor Agreement object including many other BOs. Basically I need to develop 2 level approval process when the Agreement is created. So far, I have identified the Business object related to the Agreement. I am planning to copy existing SAP Agreement BO to ZBO. I do realize that I needed to create new methods/events/attributes to support my requirement. As you may know CRM Grantor solution (including SAP CRM application) is BSP/ABAP webdynpro based technology (there is no transaction code for any Grantor business processes) and has URL associated with it. For example: To create or change an Agreement, we need to use URL.I have not developed any workflows in CRM landscape before. So, could you please help me understand the steps that I need to take to develop  workflows in CRM application? In my scenario, when Agreement is created (through URL), the approval workflow should kick in. Additionally, the approval/rejection step should call Agreement display/change. I appreciate your help.

Thanks,
Manju V

Subject to local law, communications with Accenture and its affiliates including telephone calls and emails (including content), may be monitored by our systems for the purposes of security and the assessment of internal compliance with Accenture policy.