Duplicate Work Items

Tom Peou tompeou at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 08:19:34 EDT 2011

Venkat,

Depends on how you've got your WF designed. I assume that you do not have
any terminating (wait for event) steps set up on a fork that listens for SO
changes. Otherwise, the original work item would have been terminated and
replaced with the new one for the SO change. That's most likely why there's
2 work items to complete. Then you need to confirm if your approver dialog
task is asynchronous or synchronous? If asynchronous, then most likely you
should only have to complete 1 work item and this will complete both
(depending on your terminating event of course). If it's synchronous then
you will need to complete both work items.

Please respond with the way you have event listeners set up (if any) and
dialog task type and we can elaborate further from there.

Cheers,
Tom