Old pending workitems

Krishna K Kammaje kkammaje at in.ibm.com
Thu Mar 10 06:46:51 EST 2011

Hi all,

We have many workflows, which do not have an expiry date (dating in 2009
and before). Meaning, if the approver does not take action, it remains in
his worklist/inbox forever.
We have 25000+ items dating back to 2009 and before. Most of these are in
'Ready' state and I thought it is good to clear them off keeping system
performance in view.

I would like to know what is the best way to handle these workitems. Some
options I see are

1. Deleting the dialog workitems in ready and reserved
2. Deleting the parent workitem, including all children
3. Completing dialog workitems ??

Please let me know your views

Thanks
Krishna Kishor Kammaje