Offline PDF Form and Workflow Integration

Max S Gro udgroups at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 08:45:25 EDT 2011

Hi WUG-ers,

Due to my lack of SAP workflow knowledge, I would like to apologize
beforehand for my silly questions. Please kindly bear with my questions.

I have the following scenario:

1. Offline interactive PDF form with "Submit" button.
2. Once "Submit" button is clicked, it will call web service.
3. Web service will save the form entries into custom table and trigger the
event.
4. By triggering the event, system will then trigger the customized
workflow.
5. Depends on certain condition, number of approvals will vary (the setting
is in custom table).
    example: < 1000 = 1 level of approval
                  1000 - 3000 = 2 level of approvals
                  3000 - 5000 = 3 level of approvals
    Q: How do i do this kind of dynamic level of approval ?
6. Any Approver can "approve", "reject" or ask requester to "revise" (change
the application).
    "Approve" and "Reject" will end the workflow cycle.
    "Revise" ---> requester needs to change the application from offline
interactive form and "Re-Submit" the application.
     Q: For "Revise" case, how can i continue the previous workflow cycle ?

I have the following status:
S = Submitted
A = Approved (by all approvers)
R = Rejected
V = Revised
T = Re-Submitted

     Q: Best practice: do i need different status for different level of
approval (eg: A1 = approved by 1st approval, and so on) ?

I marked my questions in blue. Hopefully i explain the scenario clearly.

Again, apologize for my silly questions.

Thanks In Advance !!