Offline PDF Form and Workflow Integration

Dart, Jocelyn jocelyn.dart at sap.com
Thu Jun 2 20:46:19 EDT 2011

Hi Max,
You might want to take a look at workflow patterns generally...

For 5. Usually a loop with a background step to check if there are more approvals to go, plus a background step to get the number of approvals.  That way if you add more levels or reduce levels later you are covered.

For 6. You want to think about using a subflow and raising an event in the subflow on rejection - the main flow responds to the rejection by restarting at wherever you need.

Re your statuses ... no we don't usually bother with multiple approval statuses - you can always use a container element to keep your intermediate  status - but you need to think about what information the initiator needs to see to know where the approval is up to.

Cheers,
Jocelyn