Task getting logically deleted

Srinivas Reddy ootasrinivasreddy at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 09:24:01 EST 2011

Hi Experts,

I have a workflow requirement where the workflow should trigger if a user
changes a billing document (t-code VA02) to SUBMIT status.Two level of
approvals is required for the billing document to create,all the agent
determination is done via custom method with export
parameters E_AGENTS referred to SWHACTOR.As the approval process will happen
only from UI screen I did not use user decission task for this
requirement,instead I used a task (Standard task with APPROVE and REJECT as
terminating events) calling a method and raising a message(Decission should
be taken only from UI) if the user clicks on the workitem in SBWP.An
automatic customizing is done to send the workitem lying in SBWP to UI
screen. Once the 1st approval is done following steps will do some database
updates with agent determination step (via custom method)  a workitem will
go for the second approval.
 I have extended the standard object BUS2096 to ZBUS2096 with custom events
APPROVE , REJECT for 1st level approval and SSC_APPROVE and SSC_REJECT  for
second level approval and delegated to BUS2096. I have called this custom
events as terminating events for the task (Task calling a method which will
give a message to the user to take action only from UI). For the first level
of approval process I have called APPROVE and REJECT as terminating events
and SSC_APPROVE and SSC_REJECT as terminating events for the second level
approval. While testing the object everything is working fine only until
first level approval,once the first level approval is done the second level
approval task is getting logically deleted.
The testing process I have followed:
1) Change existing sales order in VA02 with the SUBMIT status.
2) Goto t-code SWUE and create event APPROVE for the BUS2096.
After doing this I checked the status of the workflow in SWI1 where the
second approval step is getting logically deleted.

Can some one tell me what could be the reason for the secong decission step
getting logically deleted. Fior referance please check the enclosed screen
shot.

Thanks and Regards
Srini..