ABAP Objects - Percent of WF'ers using ABAP OO?

Sample, Rick Rick.Sample at graybar.com
Mon Feb 21 16:25:02 EST 2011

Hi Mikes,

>From all I have read, and that's quite a bit. BOR was never intended to be the model for object oriented design. And indeed states that in its own SAP Help files. "The BOR object model will be integrated into ABAP Objects in the next Release by migrating the BOR object types to the ABAP class library." http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/c3/225b5654f411d194a60000e8353423/frameset.htm
Sounds fairly straight forward to me. But as of yet, not so integrated.

My reading / translation, all standard BORs will be rolled up into ABAP Objects, ported over with something like cl_BUS2032.

Hate to sound like the kids in the back seat, asking if we are there yet, but this is exactly the answers (direction) I am seeking. Where we going, when, how long will it take to get there, will there be ports (as stated in the help file), standards for mixing the two, etc.
I understand, some have confidentiality clauses. (Just tell me. I promise, I won't tell anyone)

Any recent official word from SAP on this subject? If we know, we know. If we are still winging it (SAP that is) and checking the wind direction, that's cool too. I understand, it's a BIG ship. But I am sure there are several others that would start if better direction from SAP.

As far as BOR goes, anyone who will work in our WF dept, MUST have BOR experience at this point in time. That's not going away any time soon because of all the BOR code that we have developed. And until I am 100% confident that I can bang out something quick in ABAP Objects, if a high priority comes down the pipe line, it will most likely be written in BOR.

Rick