ABAP Objects - Percent of WF'ers using ABAP OO?

Madgambler madgambler at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 21 17:22:18 EST 2011

Rick,

So that post looks like it was written for Netweaver 2004s. If SAP had seen anything worthwhile in delivering that promise I think it has long since evaporated. Around about the same time as they changed tack and poured effort into Java stuff I would have thought.

Certainly when we upgraded to ECC 6 there was no mention at all of re-pointing our extensive use of Workflow towards ABAP OO. So between your post snippet and the ECC 6 push either the money ran out or the will or both.

On the brighter side Mike P tells me that we should expect a new SE24-type editor for Workflow Classes at some point soon which would a step in the right direction at least.

Although, I admit, I still miss the line editor on the old R/2 days now and then and am sometimes a little lost in the new multiple-coloured collapsible section editor

Sent from my iPhone