DUET workflow approval

Mike Pokraka wug at workflowconnections.com
Fri Feb 11 11:15:16 EST 2011

You will need a server as Duet is a standalone system that sits between
SAP and Microsoft Exchange. It is quite a major setup, btu there's plenty
of info here:
http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/duet

It's a fantastic solution that does a lot more than just approve/reject
buttons in outlook, so if that's all you're after then you're looking at a
very very big hammer to crack a walnut. OTOH, this may well be what you
really want but never considered as you didn't know it was possible.

In theory you could run an Exchange Server, an SAP system and a Duet
server in a virtual network under VMWare on a fully specced top of the
range laptop, we're talking quad core i7 with 16GB memory and a 512 GB
SSD.

Cheers,
Mike